Norfolk youngster Harry Simmons signs new contract with Leicester Tigers
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk youngster Harry Simmons has agreed a new contract at Leicester Tigers.
The 21-year-old scrum-half, who joined the Tigers' academy from school and made his senior debut in November 2017, is currently working his way back to full fitness after a picking up a knee injury at the start of season.
The former Holt junior and Gresham's School pupil told the Tigers' official website: 'It's the club I always wanted to play for as a young boy. Me and my family have always supported Tigers and my rugby idols played here. It's always been my team and it's surreal that I get the chance to play for them, which I never thought I would.
'It hasn't been a good year with injury, but I'm happy to have the opportunity to re-sign and it's nice to feel that I'm not forgotten.'
Tigers head coach Geordan Murphy added: 'We have a strong group of young players coming through to play senior rugby and Harry has made strong progress through the system here.
You may also want to watch:
'We look forward to seeing him back to match fitness soon and he will be keen to kick on again.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train