Harry Kane’s Norfolk uncle proudly watches the England captain in action
- Credit: Archant
Not many England fans will be as proud as Eric Hogg who was in Russia to see his nephew Harry Kane lead his country into the World Cup semi-finals.
The 53-year-old, from Old Catton, flew out to Samara to watch England beat Sweden with his brother and some of Kane's other relatives on a plane put on for the friends and family of the England team.
It was the first game Mr Hogg has been able to attend and he was able to speak with his nephew after the game.
His wife Karen said: 'He is really chuffed, I think we all are. He was so excited.
'He watches his nephew when he plays for Spurs, as he is an avid Spurs fan, and that was good enough. But now, with him being captain of England, that's even better.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hogg said they are off on holiday to Turkey. But her husband has made plans if England reach the final - with the couple both believing the World Cup is heading home.
'He will have to go,' she said.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree