Harry Kane’s Norfolk uncle proudly watches the England captain in action
- Credit: Archant
Not many England fans will be as proud as Eric Hogg who was in Russia to see his nephew Harry Kane lead his country into the World Cup semi-finals.
The 53-year-old, from Old Catton, flew out to Samara to watch England beat Sweden with his brother and some of Kane's other relatives on a plane put on for the friends and family of the England team.
It was the first game Mr Hogg has been able to attend and he was able to speak with his nephew after the game.
His wife Karen said: 'He is really chuffed, I think we all are. He was so excited.
'He watches his nephew when he plays for Spurs, as he is an avid Spurs fan, and that was good enough. But now, with him being captain of England, that's even better.'
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hogg said they are off on holiday to Turkey. But her husband has made plans if England reach the final - with the couple both believing the World Cup is heading home.
'He will have to go,' she said.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 10 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?