Harrow Borough 4 Lowestoft Town 2 – Explosive start but Blues lose their spark on the road
- Credit: Archant
Lowestoft Town travelled to lowly Harrow Borough but could find no answer to the height of Marc Charles-Smith and the guile of on-loan striker Sahr Kabba.
There was an explosive start to the game with two goals inide the opening four minutes.
Harrow took the lead with their first attack as Joshua Webb was allowed to run through the right side of the defence without a challenge being made and his shot across the face of the goal went in off the far post.
Lowestoft's response was immediate and they were level when Adam Smith sent in a free-kick from the left with Rossi Jarvis timing his run perfectly to turn the ball into the net from six yards.
It soon became a fast, open game and a superb through ball by Ryan Jarvis released Chris Henderson but keeper Luke Williams was out quickly to save at the strikers's feet.
You may also want to watch:
Harrow, too, were looking sharp going forward and it took a late saving block from Harry Barker to thwart the dangerous Kabba.
But the warning was not heeded as minutes later Steve Brown forced the ball home from close range in the 33rd minute.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
Three minutes later Harrow added a third, with Charles-Smith getting in a shot from a narrow angle which Jamie Waite could only parry and Kabba raced in to hit the loose ball into the net.
Lowestoft came out in a more determined mood in the second period with Henderson and Hodd both going close and a Rory McAuley header going straight at the keeper.
Lowestoft looked to have got back into the game in the 71st minute with the best goal of the game.
Barker received the ball inside his own half, carried it forward before finding Henderson who threaded a superb pass between two defenders for Hodd to run on to and calmly place past the keeper into the net.
But Lowestoft were undone just five minutes later when Kabba competed the scoring, leaving the Trawlerboys in eighth and two points adrift of the play-off places.
Harrow Borough: Williams, Josh Webb, Lomas, Brown, Preddie, Joshua Webb (Cumberbatch 79), Babalola, Taylor, Charles-Smith (Driver 81), Kabba, Newman (Bryan 86). Unused subs: Nicholas, Barima
Lowestoft: Waite, Barker, Smith, Fisk (Amisi 73), McAuley, Rossi Jarvis, Hodd, Ryan Jarvis, Henderson (Joel Glover 81), Bammant (Forshaw 81), Blake-Tracy. Unused subs: Jessup (GK), Cole
Referee: Mr J Creswick