Harmer keeps the Hales run going
Knights Norfolk League: Hales have now won all eight of their completed games this season after beating Winterton by nine runs in Division One.Dave Harmer top scored with 64 in Hales' total of 136 and although Winterton were well set at 80 for two, they collapsed to 127 all out.
Hales have now won all eight of their completed games this season after beating Winterton by nine runs in Division One.
Dave Harmer top scored with 64 in Hales' total of 136 and although Winterton were well set at 80 for two, they collapsed to 127 all out.
Bizarrely, the result did Hales' title prospects few favours, as the 24 points gained saw their average drop slightly, while second-placed Great Witchingham A maintained their average after their game at Bungay was called off.
Drayton recorded their second successive win to boost their bid for survival. They bowled Old Buckenham A out for just 70, with Lee Cornfield taking four for 38 and went on to win by six wickets.
Topcroft A moved up to third in Division Two with a four-wicket win over Old Catton, Adam Todd taking three for 12.
In Division Three, Mattishall A slumped to the bottom of the table after losing by 75 runs to top team Caister.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 5 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
Caister registered 184 for four, with J Kerrison hitting an unbeaten 71 and Tom Spalding claiming two wickets. Mattishall could only muster 109 all out in reply, with Matthew Gostling's 27 the top score. There were two wickets apiece for Caister's C Bartram and C Tennant.
Division Four leaders Brooke A beat Horsford B by six wickets after R Cushing took five for 15 and J Cushing hit an unbeaten 53.
Also in Division Four, Great Melton A recorded a 39-run win at home to Kirkley & Lowestoft Railway A. Jason Whiddett top scored with 24 in Melton's 132 all out and Grenville Ireland then helped bowl them to victory, taking four for 18 from nine overs, while Gary Coulson claimed three wickets as Kirkley were dismissed for 93.
Bradenham A strengthened their grip on top spot in Division Six, thrashing Colney by 145 runs.
Openers Billy Bowden (40) and Blake Whyte (50) put Bradenham on course for a total of 199 for nine and skipper Ian Moody then claimed five wickets as Colney were rolled out for 54.
Hales Colts' Jamie Weston took four for 30 and Aaron Beaumont claimed three for 26 against Hethersett & Tas Valley B, but it could not prevent their side falling to an 80-run defeat in Division 10.