Harlow Town 5 Wroxham 2: Yachtsmen put to sword in FA Trophy
Wroxham tumbled out of the FA Trophy after a comprehensive defeat against fellow Ryman League Division One North outfit, Harlow Town.
The Yachtsmen had a great chance to open the scoring in the 14th minute when Jamie Forshaw played in Christy Finch but the former Gorleston man was denied by an excellent stop by Hawks goalkeeper Ed Thompson.
Harlow opened the scoring on 16 minutes thanks to Junior Appiah's close range effort and the striker doubled the Essex side's lead in the 24th minute.
Harlow made it 3-0 before half-time through Layne Eadie but Wroxham pulled one back on the hour mark through Nathan Stone's fine strike.
However, goals from Dave Cowley and Jarod Small put the tie to bed although Remy Gordon netted a consolation late on.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards