Harleston Magpies score six in first home match
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies opened their Premier A home campaign in impressive style with a 6-1 drubbing of Saffron Walden.
Will Martin, unavailable for the opening day draw at Wapping, slotted home the opener before Sam Paterson and Dave Gilbert converted short corners to make it 3-0.
The visitors then pulled one back but it was 4-1 at the break, with Andrew Bedwell adding to the home tally.
After a positive team talk from coach Tim Whiteman, Magpies went on to add two more after the interval through Gilbert and Simon Hipwell.
In Premier B, Norwich City bounced back from a 5-1 drubbing at Cambridge City II on the opening day by beating Bourne Deeping 4-2 in their first home game.
You may also want to watch:
Raunaq Rai scored an excellent early goal and although Bourne levelled the hosts were 4-1 up at the break. Cameron Cooke slotted the ball home and further goals were added by Josh Bailey, who scored from a rebound off the keeper, and Rai with another emphatic finish.
The second half was low-key by comparison and although Bourne scored again City ran out comfortable winners.
- 1 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 5 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 10 Fire crews battling large house blaze
Dereham have four points from two games following a 1-1 draw at home to Wisbech,
The hosts enjoyed long periods of pressure throughout the game but found themselves behind at half-time after a breakaway goal.
Dereham finally got their reward with a well-taken short-corner finish from vice-captain Will Edwards and were inches away from a late winner, with forward Falko Rosbergen hitting the post after a well-worked move.
Dereham will look to build on the performance next week as they make the trip to Watford to face West Herts. Magpies II are the early pacesetters in Division 2NE following an eye-catching 11-3 win against the club's third team.
Norwich Dragons recorded a pleasing 3-0 home win over visitors Cambridge University III. First-half goals from Sam Avery and Oli King put them in control before a fine finish from Charlie Nunn provided the icing on the cake.
Norwich City II drew 1-1 at St Ives (Jeremy Elliott).
In Division 3NE Dragons II beat their third team 5-0 with first half goals from Tom Vaughan (3), Alex Browne and Max Laming while City III drew 2-2 with Ipswich and ES II (Reece Leonard 2).