Harleston Magpies on the national glory trail
Hampstead & Westminster 0, Harleston Magpies 1: Harleston made the long journey to London to play in the fourth round of the National Mixed Trophy competition and returned with a hard earned victory.
In what always promised to be a tough game Harleston struggled to get to grips with Hampstead's movement and attacking play in the early stages. However despite having the majority of the play the hosts struggled to break down the defensive unit of Katrina Warnes, Leigh Sitch, Andrew Bedwell, Frances Taylor and Richard Larkin.
When the London side did force the ball into the circle they were unable to get the vital touch or Rees Leonard was on hand to clear the ball.
With the teams going in even Harleston were confident that they might be able to snatch a result in the second half. With the press working better in the second half thanks to the leg work of Sam Moore, Martin Fields, Lucy Whiting and Sarah Legg it was Harleston who started the half the strongest.
They were able to convert this pressure into a goal when Andrew Bedwell raced in to the top of the D from the left before unleashing a powerful shot into the bottom left hand corner of the goal, much to the disappointment of the Hampstead keeper.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 8 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 9 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 10 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups