Harleston Magpies Ladies unable to build on a dream start
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies lost for only the third time this season in the East Conference when they went down 2-1 at Cambridge City.
Magpies' created problems for the home defence from the off and won a short corner in the first minute which was calmly converted by forward Maria Andrews.
The visitors could have stretched their lead but chances came and went and City equalised before the break from a swift counter-attack.
Magpies pushed forward in the second half but the goal wouldn't come and they went behind from a short corner.
Never a team to give up, the visitors put everything they had into the game, pushing Cambridge back into their half, moving the ball around the pitch and winning short corners but they could find no way back into it.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies will now be looking to defend their unbeaten home record when they entertain league leaders Wimbledon on Saturday (2pm).
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing