Harleston Magpies Ladies sure to be fired up
Fresh from a two week break, Harleston Magpies Ladies are at home tomorrow against Horsham in their latest East Conference fixture (12.30pm).
In their last league fixture Magpies drew 1-1 away against Old Loughtonians in a game they should have won. Magpies were 1-0 down at half-time but Emma Lee-Smith scored the equaliser after the break and further pressure saw Angie Wheelhouse score what appeared to be the winner.
The umpire awarded the goal but then changed his mind following protests from the home team. As a result Magpies lost top spot to Sevenoaks, who they now trail by one point.
After that disappointment it is important for Magpies to put it behind them and get back to winning ways as soon as possible. Matches against Horsham have always been difficult. Last season Horsham recorded a deserved 2-0 home victory and drew the return 1-1 draw in a match where Magpies squandered their chances.
Hayley Toleman returns to the first team squad while Siobhan Cleeve makes her first team league debut for the Magpies.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Charlotte Harrison (capt), Lucy Miller (vice-capt), Katrina Warnes, Louisa Greenacre, Amy Campbell, Siobhan Cleeve, Debbie Francis, Rosie Butler, Lauren Barber, Sarah Brook, Emily Wilford, Angie Wheelhouse, Hayley Toleman, Emma Lee-Smith.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm