Harleston Magpies Ladies sure to be fired up
Fresh from a two week break, Harleston Magpies Ladies are at home tomorrow against Horsham in their latest East Conference fixture (12.30pm).
In their last league fixture Magpies drew 1-1 away against Old Loughtonians in a game they should have won. Magpies were 1-0 down at half-time but Emma Lee-Smith scored the equaliser after the break and further pressure saw Angie Wheelhouse score what appeared to be the winner.
The umpire awarded the goal but then changed his mind following protests from the home team. As a result Magpies lost top spot to Sevenoaks, who they now trail by one point.
After that disappointment it is important for Magpies to put it behind them and get back to winning ways as soon as possible. Matches against Horsham have always been difficult. Last season Horsham recorded a deserved 2-0 home victory and drew the return 1-1 draw in a match where Magpies squandered their chances.
Hayley Toleman returns to the first team squad while Siobhan Cleeve makes her first team league debut for the Magpies.
You may also want to watch:
Squad: Charlotte Harrison (capt), Lucy Miller (vice-capt), Katrina Warnes, Louisa Greenacre, Amy Campbell, Siobhan Cleeve, Debbie Francis, Rosie Butler, Lauren Barber, Sarah Brook, Emily Wilford, Angie Wheelhouse, Hayley Toleman, Emma Lee-Smith.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre