Harleston Magpies Ladies hope to finish on a high note
Harleston Magpies Ladies are at home to Chelmsford tomorrow in their final National League match of the season (2pm).
This is a change from the normal start time, as England Hockey requires all matches to start at the same time on the final day, so that teams involved in promotion or relegation issues do not have an advantage by playing later.
After two successive defeats, against the league winners Surbiton last week (2-0) and the second-placed Sevenoaks (2-1) the week before, Magpies hope to finish the season with a win.
They have every incentive as Chelmsford are in sixth place, one place and one point ahead.
The teams met on the opening day of the season when Magpies came from a goal down to equalise and then snatched the winner late in the game.
Chelmsford had a sticky start to the season, but have steadily improved and have scored nearly twice as many goals as Magpies. But they have also conceded quite a few, so an exciting match is in prospect. Magpies hope joint captain Charlotte Harrison will be available to rejoin the squad.
Harleston from: Frances Burrell and Charlotte Harrison (joint capts), Lisa Griffin, Katrina Warnes, Louisa Greenacre, Lauren Barber, Lizzie Jones, Sarah Brook, Lucy Miller, Jess Howland, Hannah Palmer, Angie Wheelhouse, Emily Wilford, Catherine Cranmer, Debbie Francis.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 6 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 9 Man made threats to hurt ex-partner's father
- 10 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station