Harleston Magpies Ladies beaten in opening league fixture
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies opened their East Conference programme with a long trip to London to face Barnes - and slipped to a 2-0 defeat.
Magpies started confidently with some good drives down the right by Jess Howland and Lucy Belsey resulting in a early short corner.
The shot from Lauren Barber narrowly went wide and the home side took the lead midway through the first half with a well-executed short corner of their own.
Following coach Rob Sorrell's half-time team talk the Magpies' forward line created a number of chances which went just wide before a good aerial clearance from the Barnes defence led to a second goal for the hosts.
Magpies refused to let their heads drop, with Charlie Harrison and Lauren Barber working tirelessly in the midfield creating opportunities for Annie Nunn, who made some great runs down the left.
You may also want to watch:
It was a memorable day for young Aoife Lowe-Davies who made her National League debut.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 4 Man seriously injured after crash
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 7 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 8 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships