Harleston Magpies Ladies beaten in opening league fixture
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Ladies opened their East Conference programme with a long trip to London to face Barnes - and slipped to a 2-0 defeat.
Magpies started confidently with some good drives down the right by Jess Howland and Lucy Belsey resulting in a early short corner.
The shot from Lauren Barber narrowly went wide and the home side took the lead midway through the first half with a well-executed short corner of their own.
Following coach Rob Sorrell's half-time team talk the Magpies' forward line created a number of chances which went just wide before a good aerial clearance from the Barnes defence led to a second goal for the hosts.
Magpies refused to let their heads drop, with Charlie Harrison and Lauren Barber working tirelessly in the midfield creating opportunities for Annie Nunn, who made some great runs down the left.
You may also want to watch:
It was a memorable day for young Aoife Lowe-Davies who made her National League debut.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school