Harleston Magpies youngsters chasing national glory
- Credit: Archant
Harleston Magpies Under-12 girls travel to Nottingham University at the weekend to play in the England Hockey National Finals.
They qualified as East Regional winners on home soil a couple of weeks ago. There are two sections, with the winner of each going through to the final.
Magpies start their campaign on Saturday against Midlands runners-up Leicester at 11am, before taking on West runners-up Clifton Robinsons at 11.50am, North runners-up Kirkby Stephen at 1.05pm and South winners Surbiton at 1.55pm.
The other clubs involved are Sevenoaks, who were runners-up to Harleston in the East competition, Belper, City of York, Marlow and Lansdown.
Magpies squad is made up of Beth Gardens (captain), Jasmine Freeman, Daisy Wicks, Harriet Soper, Natalie Saunders, Emily Clarke, Alex Pearson-Smith, Amie Hunt, Evie Wheeler, Catherine Pope.
You may also want to watch:
The venue is Nottingham Hockey Centre, University Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 2PS and admission is £5 per car.
- 1 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 2 'They think they can get away with it' - crowds flock to seaside village
- 3 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 4 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 5 100 cannabis plants found at three neighbouring properties in village
- 6 Man dies after rescue operation to cardiac arrest call
- 7 Norfolk Covid-19 cases at lowest level since October, figures show
- 8 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 9 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 10 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant