Harleston Magpies junior sides compete in national finals
- Credit: Archant
Three Harleston Magpies junior sides did their club proud in national competitions.
The Under-12 and Under-14 girls teams both finished fifth in the country while the Under-14 boys were seventh.
The Under-14 teams travelled to the Olympic Park in London for their finals.
The girls got off to a great start, beating a fancied Repton team 2-1 (Gardens, Wheeler), but then lost a tight game against Reading 1-0 before failing to get the result they needed against Sevenoaks with the match ending all square to take their opponents into the final against Surbiton.
The Under-14 boys had played the day before at the same venue, while the Under-12 girls were one of 12 teams to battle it out at Beeston Hockey Club in Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on a terrific weekend of youth hockey, club chairman Richard Stacey said: 'The achievement of our youth teams playing as serious contenders in no less than three national finals is outstanding. We are all immensely proud of all the players.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police