Harleston Magpies junior sides compete in national finals
- Credit: Archant
Three Harleston Magpies junior sides did their club proud in national competitions.
The Under-12 and Under-14 girls teams both finished fifth in the country while the Under-14 boys were seventh.
The Under-14 teams travelled to the Olympic Park in London for their finals.
The girls got off to a great start, beating a fancied Repton team 2-1 (Gardens, Wheeler), but then lost a tight game against Reading 1-0 before failing to get the result they needed against Sevenoaks with the match ending all square to take their opponents into the final against Surbiton.
The Under-14 boys had played the day before at the same venue, while the Under-12 girls were one of 12 teams to battle it out at Beeston Hockey Club in Nottingham.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting on a terrific weekend of youth hockey, club chairman Richard Stacey said: 'The achievement of our youth teams playing as serious contenders in no less than three national finals is outstanding. We are all immensely proud of all the players.'
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools