Harleston Magpies 0, Wimbledon 0
Magpies Ladies were held to a draw by newly promoted Wimbledon in their first home fixture of the season.
Both teams created early opportunities but neither could find the final touch. However Magpies were soon rewarded for their efforts when a penalty corner was given, earned by Sarah Brook. A straight strike from Debbie Francis found the net but was disallowed after not hitting the backboard.
The visitors were quick on the counter-attack, resulting in a short corner which was unconverted and cleared confidently by the Harleston defence.
Wimbledon came out in the second half pressurising Magpies, with Katrina Warnes making some crucial tackles. But Magpies were making some strong and impressive attacks down the left wing which saw opportunities come for the home side. A number of short corners for Magpies were given, but these were unsuccessful.
With Magpies then down to 10 players on two occasions, Wimbledon took advantage, earning themselves a few corners. Keeper and player of the match Megan Adams made some outstanding saves throughout as Magpies finished off with a fair result of 0-0 to follow their opening day away win.
Next weekend Magpies travel to play Bromley and Beckenham.
Squad: Charlotte Harrison (capt), Lucy Miller (Vice Capt), Katrina Warnes, Louisa Greenacre, Amy Campbell, Megan Adams, Debbie Francis, Lauren Barber, Sarah Brook, Jess Howland, Emily Wilford, Angie Wheelhouse, Rosie Butler and Hayley Toleman.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
- 10 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?