Harleston handed big test in Norfolk Senior Cup
- Credit: Archant
Anglian Combination Premier Division pace-setters Harleston Town will need to scale new heights if they are to progress into the last 16 of the Norfolk Senior Cup.
Town have won all four of their league games in some style so far, scoring 24 times without so much as a single goal conceded, while they hammered Division One side Wymondham Town 7-1 last Saturday to reach the second round of the county competition.
They seem unbeatable at the moment but Great Yarmouth Town will have something to say about that after being handed a trip to Harleston in the third round.
The newly promoted Bloaters have made a solid start at a higher level and will be determined to avoid an early exit.
All the county's Thurlow Nunn League sides entered the draw on Friday night and two were paired together, with Fakenham hosting Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Premier Division leaders Thetford Town travel to Caister, currently seventh in the Anglian Combination Premier Division, and Downham visit North Walsham while Swaffham and Diss both have home advantage, against Combination Division One sides Attleborough and Bradenham respectively. The games are due to be played on Saturday, October 15 (1.30pm kick-offs).
The 12 winners will be joined by Dereham Town, Wroxham, Norwich United and King's Lynn Town in the fourth round draw.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
Full draw: Fakenham v Gorleston, Spixworth v Mulbarton, Mundford v Hellesdon, Harleston v Gt Yarmouth, Stalham v Mattishall, Caister v Thetford Town, Swaffham v Attleborough, North Walsham v Downham, Scole v Acle, Diss v Bradenham, Long Stratton v Holt, Blofield v Norwich CEYMS.