Harleston go nap as they prepare for Norfolk Senior Cup challenge
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Harleston Town put in the perfect preparation for their Norfolk Senior Cup challenge this week with a 5-0 win at Sterry Cup champions Acle United.
Adam Gusterson's men showed that their focus is purely on the game in hand on Saturday, with goals from Connor Delaney, Jordan Blyth, Kieran Passey, Scott Roberts and Cameron Russell.
Next up for Harleston is a Senior Cup semi-final against Fakenham Town at the FDC on Wednesday.
Their win simply maintained the gap between themselves and leaders Spixworth – who are one place and eight points better off, from one game more.
The Spixworth machine showed no signs of slowing on Saturday – they were 3-0 winners at Blofield United, with goals from Luke Tuttle, Scott Woodgate and James Page.
You may also want to watch:
A Sam Whiting penalty gave St Andrews a 1-0 win over Wroxham Reserves. Their renovated pavilion was reopened prior to the match by Rita Bishop – her husband Ian was a well-known figure in local football, for all his work with the club, the Anglian Combination League and the county FA.
Waveney lost ground, going down 4-2 at home to Mulbarton Wanderers. Xavier Huckle and Orren Oliver scored for Mattishall as they beat Long Stratton 2-0. Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves lost 1-0 at home to Reepham Town, with a goal from Ashley Dearing. Adam Buckenham scored twice and there was an own goal for Cromer Town but they lost 4-3 to Stalham Town, whose scorers were Jack Child (2), Darren Miller and Jordan Tipple.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
Caister beat Norwich Ceyms 3-0, with goals from Gaz Ward, Aaron Robson and Scott Woodcock.
In Division One, the top-of-the-table clash between Beccles Town and Bradenham Wanderers was a 0-0 stalemate.
A hat-trick from Connor Simpson and others from Connor Charlesworth, Kegan Charlesworth and Jack Love gave Hellesdon a 6-0 win over Hindringham. Philip Read and James Oliver scored for Aylsham but they lost 3-2 to Bungay Town, whose goals came from Aiden Lowe (2) and Joshua Knights.
Loddon United beat Mundford 1-0 with an Alan Dunning goal. Dersingham Rovers slipped into bottom place, losing 4-1 at North Walsham Town.