Haringey Borough 2 Norwich United 1: Planters go down on the road
- Credit: Archant
A late winner from Ralston Gabriel condemned Norwich United to a last day defeat.
Gabriel headed home from an Anthony McDonald cross with just four minutes remaining to finally seal Haringey's play-off spot.
The Planters, without players' player of the season Sam Watts and the injured Tim Henery, had fallen behind after just five minutes when McDonald's low drive came back off the post but hit the unfortunate Andy Wilton and ended up in the back of the net.
Christy Finch equalised in the 22nd minute through a fine individual effort. Coby Rowe hit the Planters' crossbar with a 52nd minute free kick before Gabriel eased any fears of a late Planters goal preventing them slipping out of the play-off picture.
Despite the narrow defeat Steve Eastaugh's men can take a lot of satisfaction from a ninth place finish in their first ever season in the Ryman League North Division.
You may also want to watch:
For Haringey they now travel to Maldon & Tiptree on Wednesday for a tough looking play-off semi-final.
Haringey Borough: Palmer, Olufemi, O'Donoghue, Dtassi-Sambu, Rowe, Sherriff, Aristidou (Markus 87), Richards, Gabriel (Adams 87), Durojaiye (Clarke 90). Unused subs: Benjamin, Viner.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Norwich United: Wilton, Shipley, Brown, Mason, Wones, Eastaugh, Radomski (Datocampol 60), Speller, Hipperson (Stewart 68), Jackson (Probert 84), Finch.