‘Hard work begins now’ says Creasey after being named permanent Wisbech Town boss
- Credit: Archant
Dick Creasey has acknowledged the size of the job he has on his hands following his confirmation as Wisbech Town manager for next season, writes Seb Pearce.
Creasey temporarily took his place in the Fenmen hot seat following the departure of Brett Whaley at the end of March, and was expected to step aside in the summer to allow a new boss in.
Wisbech chairman Paul Brenchley interviewed a number of candidates for the position but announced Creasey as boss at the club's presentation night.
'It was made clear to me that the supporters, players and board wanted me to stay on,' Creasey said.
'We had a long chat, I said 'let me sleep on it,' but there are certain people in the club that you just want to help because they're really genuine people.
You may also want to watch:
'I spoke to him again and gave it the green light, then didn't hear from him again until he phoned me from the presentation evening on Saturday evening. He said 'I'm here and I want to announce it,' and I told him to go for it.'
Creasey, back for his fourth permanent spell as Wisbech boss, knows that he has a tough job on his hands to restore the Fenmen to their former glory. They finished eighth in the United Counties League Premier Division last season.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 4 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 10 Popular wine merchant took his own life, inquest hears
He added: 'The hard work begins now. We need to build a better squad; one that can compete and wants to compete.'