Hard-earned draw for Loddon Ladies II at Harleston Magpies VI
Harleston Magpies VI 0, Loddon Ladies II 0 – It was a struggle against a skilful Harleston side and the non-availability of key forwards meant Loddon lacked firepower up front.
On the back foot from the start Loddon were kept in their own area for most of the game but dogged defence kept the Home team at bay.
The few breaks Loddon had were cut out at the back and the ball was soon pushed forward again by the Harleston midfield, meaning that Loddon did more than their fair share of defending. Great defending by Etheridge and Waddington kept the score even at half-time.
The game continued in similar fashion but when Waddington came off injured the pressure on Loddon was increased. Janey King had a good game considering her lack of games this season and the rest of the team came to the defence's aid.
The last 10 minutes saw short corner after short corner with the keeper twice managing to get her toe to what looked a certain goal. The relief at the final whistle was evident and while a full-strength team may have brought a different outcome, Loddon do however remain unbeaten this year.
You may also want to watch:
• Loddon: Carver,King, Etheridge, Waddington, Coyle, Elwin, Konieczny, Bussens, Gray, Whitmore, Harvey. PoM Aimee Etheridge who kept the defence together.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 8 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 9 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 10 BMW overturns in ditch after coming off A146