Hard-earned draw for Loddon Ladies II at Harleston Magpies VI
Harleston Magpies VI 0, Loddon Ladies II 0 – It was a struggle against a skilful Harleston side and the non-availability of key forwards meant Loddon lacked firepower up front.
On the back foot from the start Loddon were kept in their own area for most of the game but dogged defence kept the Home team at bay.
The few breaks Loddon had were cut out at the back and the ball was soon pushed forward again by the Harleston midfield, meaning that Loddon did more than their fair share of defending. Great defending by Etheridge and Waddington kept the score even at half-time.
The game continued in similar fashion but when Waddington came off injured the pressure on Loddon was increased. Janey King had a good game considering her lack of games this season and the rest of the team came to the defence's aid.
The last 10 minutes saw short corner after short corner with the keeper twice managing to get her toe to what looked a certain goal. The relief at the final whistle was evident and while a full-strength team may have brought a different outcome, Loddon do however remain unbeaten this year.
You may also want to watch:
• Loddon: Carver,King, Etheridge, Waddington, Coyle, Elwin, Konieczny, Bussens, Gray, Whitmore, Harvey. PoM Aimee Etheridge who kept the defence together.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 8 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures