Hammersmith & Fulham 25, Diss 10
Diss ended an encouraging Division 1N campaign on a losing note on Saturday when they were beaten at already relegated Hammersmith and Fulham.
Phil Sharpe's side were already assured of a fourth-placed finish before the game and turned in a below-par performance in London.
A Declan Hall try, converted by Chris Beaird, and a Beaird penalty saw them go into the interval with a narrow lead.
But the hosts had much the better of the second half and were were well worth their victory.
'The lads gave their all but they were mentally and physically shattered at the end of a long, hard season, and I can't have any complaints about the result,' said Diss coach Sharpe.
Meanwhile Diss Saracens slipped to a 34-17 defeat at home to Stowmarket A. Charlie Pask and Matt Horslen were the try scorers, with Pask adding two conversions and a penalty.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 6 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 7 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 8 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough