Hammersmith & Fulham 25, Diss 10
Diss ended an encouraging Division 1N campaign on a losing note on Saturday when they were beaten at already relegated Hammersmith and Fulham.
Phil Sharpe's side were already assured of a fourth-placed finish before the game and turned in a below-par performance in London.
A Declan Hall try, converted by Chris Beaird, and a Beaird penalty saw them go into the interval with a narrow lead.
But the hosts had much the better of the second half and were were well worth their victory.
'The lads gave their all but they were mentally and physically shattered at the end of a long, hard season, and I can't have any complaints about the result,' said Diss coach Sharpe.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Diss Saracens slipped to a 34-17 defeat at home to Stowmarket A. Charlie Pask and Matt Horslen were the try scorers, with Pask adding two conversions and a penalty.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 9 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 10 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park