Hales Gnats lead the way in Beccles and District Table Tennis League
Defending champions Hales Gnats are the new leaders of the Beccles & District League with three wins.
They beat a two-man Framingham Gull team 9-1. Although Gnats' David Flatt lost to Anthony Hewkin, he then beat Rob Pennell in five legs and Oly Howes and Gordon Howes won both their matches.
Gnats then beat Hales New Bees 7-3, James Skilleter and Gordon Howes winning all their matches. They also beat Hales Eagles 7-3. James Skilleter won all his matches, while Gordon Howes won two.
New Bees are third following an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies. Luke Glaysher and Chris Trindall won their matches, including a five-leg win over Barry Fortune.
Steve Davies won two, but lost in five legs to Doug Cheer, who then won the doubles with Sharon Cheer.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies then beat Barnby & North Cove New Boys 9-1. Barry Fortune beat Lester Borrett in five legs and also won his two other matches.
Doug Cheer beat Peter McMorran in five legs and also won his two other matches in four legs. Alan Harper won two matches, but lost in five legs to Peter McMorran.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
Gull beat Barnby 8-2. Rob Pennell and Anthony Hewkin won all their matches, while new player Ryan Pettit beat David Ayres but lost 14-12 in the fifth leg to Peter McMorran.