Hales Gnats lead the way in Beccles and District Table Tennis League
Defending champions Hales Gnats are the new leaders of the Beccles & District League with three wins.
They beat a two-man Framingham Gull team 9-1. Although Gnats' David Flatt lost to Anthony Hewkin, he then beat Rob Pennell in five legs and Oly Howes and Gordon Howes won both their matches.
Gnats then beat Hales New Bees 7-3, James Skilleter and Gordon Howes winning all their matches. They also beat Hales Eagles 7-3. James Skilleter won all his matches, while Gordon Howes won two.
New Bees are third following an 8-2 win over Framingham Magpies. Luke Glaysher and Chris Trindall won their matches, including a five-leg win over Barry Fortune.
Steve Davies won two, but lost in five legs to Doug Cheer, who then won the doubles with Sharon Cheer.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies then beat Barnby & North Cove New Boys 9-1. Barry Fortune beat Lester Borrett in five legs and also won his two other matches.
Doug Cheer beat Peter McMorran in five legs and also won his two other matches in four legs. Alan Harper won two matches, but lost in five legs to Peter McMorran.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
Gull beat Barnby 8-2. Rob Pennell and Anthony Hewkin won all their matches, while new player Ryan Pettit beat David Ayres but lost 14-12 in the fifth leg to Peter McMorran.