Haines stars as King's Lynn hold on
Paddy DavittKing's Lynn 52, Rye House 41: King's Lynn's big guns fired to repel a battling Rye House in last night's Premier Trophy opener at the Norfolk Arena.Kevin Doolan and Tomas Topinka secured the victory in a heavyweight heat 13 before Joe Haines applied the gloss after the hosts had struggled on the difficult track conditions.Paddy Davitt
King's Lynn 52, Rye House 41
King's Lynn's big guns fired to repel a battling Rye House in their Premier Trophy opener at the Norfolk Arena.
Kevin Doolan and Tomas Topinka secured the victory in a heavyweight heat 13 before Joe Haines applied the gloss after the hosts had struggled on the difficult track conditions.
Haines was the stand-out performer in the early sparring but Ricky Wallace endured another tough outing for his new club.
The young Aussie was pulled out of his final programmed ride following a heat 11 tumble but was fit to return for a couple of second half tours after the main event.
Stars: Topinka 9+2, Eklof 7, Smith 5, Haines 10+1, Doolan 14, Wallace 0, Wortmann 7+1.
- 1 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday
- 8 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 9 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 10 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
Rockets: Neath 6+1, Ekberg 5+1, Frampton 10, Bowen 1+1, Sundstrom 13, Shields 1+1, Hughes 5.
Full report in Thursday's EDP