Grief steps down at Lynn AA
CHRIS BISHOP King's Lynn AA's long-standing secretary Mike Grief officially retires at the club's AGM tonight .But those who know the man with the moustache are sceptical whether he will really step back from angling politics.
King's Lynn AA's long-standing secretary Mike Grief officially retires at the club's AGM tonight .
But those who know the man with the moustache are sceptical whether he will really step back from angling politics.
As well as his sterling efforts for Lynn, over 18 years on its committee, Grief also played a major role in fisheries consultatives and regional angling politics.
And in a sport where tensions often simmer between different factions and cliques, Lynn AA has remained a club which welcomes all to enjoy its waters, whether matchman, pleasure or predator angler.
Grief's successor is respected Lynn specimen hunter Ashley Brown, who has served on the club's committee for some years.
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 5 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 6 'Beheading' comment sees councillor reported to police
- 7 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 8 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
- 10 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
The AGM is being held at the William Burt Club, West Winch, from 7.30pm tonight .
Tottenhill re-opens for business on Saturday, May 19, and the signs are already looking hopeful. Bream and carp are active on the surface and water levels which gave cause for concern last season appear to have recovered, meaning pegs aren't two feet above the water.
Shepherd's Port continues to fish its socks off, with bream to over 10lbs appearing on Stanton's Lake and carp feeding well on Bear.