Great Yarmouth Town’s fine run over after 5-1 defeat at Histon
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth Town suffered their first defeat in eight games when they crashed 5-1 at Histon in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division
The Bloaters got off to an excellent start when youngster Kieran Hagan followed up his winner at leaders Felixstowe and Walton last time out by firing the visitors ahead.
But the tide quickly turned, with Ed Rolph getting the Stutes back on level terms and visiting skipper Robbie Andersen being sent off after picking up two yellow cards.
It then went from bad to worse, with Rolph scoring again to make it 2-1 at the interval.
The goals continued to flow with Max Yorke stretching Histon's lead, Rolph completing his hat-trick and substitute James Carmen having the final say.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley and Pakefield hit back in impressive fashion at Haverhill Rovers to reach the semi-finals of the Suffolk Premier Cup. The Royals quickly went two down but were back on level terms at the break and went on to win the tie 5-2.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash