Great Yarmouth Town 0, Kirkley and Pakefield 4
Ex-manager Paul Tong haunted his former club as Kirkley ran out victors against Great Yarmouth.
A penalty from ex-Yarmouth player Dominic Smith and a Block brace wrapped the game up before the 30 minute mark, with substitute Lowe completing the scoring late in the second half.
The warning signs were there from early on as Kirkley created chances straight from the kick-off. After three minutes a through ball from Stock to ex-Bloater Roscoe was fired wide from 12 yards. Four minutes later Stock collected Dominic Smith's through ball but fired past the far post.
The Bloaters' first attack came after 12 minutes. A throw found its way to Mills but his shot from 25 yards flew wide.
But Kirkley made the early dominance count after 16 minutes. A through ball to Roscoe split the home side's defence and the striker was tripped by the backtracking Henwood. Dominic Smith slotted away the resulting penalty sending Greygoose the wrong way.
You may also want to watch:
Five minutes later it was two. Dominic Smith's shot from Roscoe's cross was parried to Block who rolled the ball under two defenders on the line.
A corner flicked on found DeCoteau who smacked the bottom of the post from six yards out. Seconds later it was three as Stock found Block who rolled the ball into the far corner.
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Man seriously injured after crash
- 4 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 5 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 10 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
Yarmouth's best chances came in the last ten minutes of the half, both from set pieces. A free kick fell to Mitchell in the area but he delayed his shot and the ball was cleared. Three minutes later a corner was cleared to Giacomelli but his half-volley flew wide of the post.
Just before half-time a Kirkley throw was flicked onto Taz Grint who forced Greygoose into a good save, palming the ball past the post.
Kirkley continued the pressure early in the second half. After winning the ball following a Yarmouth throw Taz Grint's volley looped through to the goalkeeper. Four minutes later Dominic Smith found Roscoe who fired over the crossbar from 18 yards out.
But as the half went on Yarmouth contained their opponents and started creating chances of their own. Mills found Crux who forced a good save from the visiting goalkeeper. From the resulting corner a Baldock snap shot was parried by the goalkeeper and cleared.
Three minutes later Barnden flicked a corner onto George whose low shot was blocked on the line and cleared.
With 15 minutes left Kirkley slowly regained control of the game. Taz Grint found Bell whose cross to the far post was headed over by substitute Lowe.
And it was the substitute who made the game safe when in the last ten minutes Dominic Smith, chasing onto the end of a chipped through ball, played in the substitute who rolled the ball into the far corner.
• Great Yarmouth Town: Greygoose, Henwood, Crux, Forbes (Barnden, 58), Giacomelli, Baldock, McAra (Jobbagy, 75), Mills, George, Mitchell (Araujo, 85), Vide. Unused Subs: Hackleton.
• Kirkley and Pakefield: J Smith, Bond, Bell, DeCoteau, Herbert, Kirkby, Block (Lowe, 63), D Smith, Stock (J Grint, 85), Roscoe, T Grint. Unused Subs: Savage, Kerslake.
Bookings: Bond (60)
• Goals: D Smith (pen, 16), Block (21, 26), Lowe (85)