Great Yarmouth and Caister’s Mike Devlin to succeed Thetford’s David Horsburgh as county secretary of Norfolk Golf Union
Gt Yarmouth & Caister's Mike Devlin has been nominated as the next county secretary of the Norfolk Golf Union.
Devlin will take office in April, subject to approval of his appointment at the county annual meeting, and will succeed David Horsburgh of Thetford, who is retiring from the post.
'I don't kid myself that it will be easy, but I do hope to enjoy the role,' said Devlin.
He's been a golfer for around 40 years, plays off nine handicap and describes himself as: 'An average club golfer who turns up, has a bash and goes home!'
Devlin has been a member at Gt Yarmouth & Caister throughout his golfing career and has been club captain as well as honorary assistant secretary and treasurer.
Last year he became Norfolk junior delegate but will be handing over this post to another volunteer in order to concentrate on his new duties. Devlin is also a county qualified referee and has been on duty at a number of Norfolk events.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 6 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 9 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed