Great Yarmouth and Caister’s Mike Devlin to succeed Thetford’s David Horsburgh as county secretary of Norfolk Golf Union
Gt Yarmouth & Caister's Mike Devlin has been nominated as the next county secretary of the Norfolk Golf Union.
Devlin will take office in April, subject to approval of his appointment at the county annual meeting, and will succeed David Horsburgh of Thetford, who is retiring from the post.
'I don't kid myself that it will be easy, but I do hope to enjoy the role,' said Devlin.
He's been a golfer for around 40 years, plays off nine handicap and describes himself as: 'An average club golfer who turns up, has a bash and goes home!'
Devlin has been a member at Gt Yarmouth & Caister throughout his golfing career and has been club captain as well as honorary assistant secretary and treasurer.
You may also want to watch:
Last year he became Norfolk junior delegate but will be handing over this post to another volunteer in order to concentrate on his new duties. Devlin is also a county qualified referee and has been on duty at a number of Norfolk events.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 6 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 9 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel