Great day for Norfolk BC as their players shines at County Championships
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It was a good day for Norfolk Bowls Club at the Norfolk CIBA County Championship as their players picked up four of the five titles.
Wayne Wilgress overcame his Norfolk BC counterpart, Thomas Segolo, in the singles final to win the RG Moore Cup 21-13 at the event held at Diss & District BC.
Segolo made up for his disappointment in that final by taking the Under 25s singles title as he saw off Gallow IBC's Daniel Cawthorne and he teamed up with James Segolo to win the Bob Savage Cup in the pairs. They beat Wayne Wilgress and Jake Wilgress 24-22.
Norfolk BC trio Aaron Johnson, Bernie Perrett and Richard Summers overcame Gallow IBC's Peter Murfitt, Fred Hazel and David Frost to win the John Bakewell Cup (triples) and there was a win for Acle quartet Will Pitt, Daniel Seabourne, Jamie Howlett & George Tubby in the Ken Gooch Bowl as they ran out 24-1 winners over John Moore, David Ashmore, Alastair Hunter and Dean Rudling of Gallow IBC.
Norfolk CIBA president David Aldous presented the awards.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 6 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
- 10 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out