Great day for Norfolk BC as their players shines at County Championships
- Credit: Nick Butcher
It was a good day for Norfolk Bowls Club at the Norfolk CIBA County Championship as their players picked up four of the five titles.
Wayne Wilgress overcame his Norfolk BC counterpart, Thomas Segolo, in the singles final to win the RG Moore Cup 21-13 at the event held at Diss & District BC.
Segolo made up for his disappointment in that final by taking the Under 25s singles title as he saw off Gallow IBC's Daniel Cawthorne and he teamed up with James Segolo to win the Bob Savage Cup in the pairs. They beat Wayne Wilgress and Jake Wilgress 24-22.
Norfolk BC trio Aaron Johnson, Bernie Perrett and Richard Summers overcame Gallow IBC's Peter Murfitt, Fred Hazel and David Frost to win the John Bakewell Cup (triples) and there was a win for Acle quartet Will Pitt, Daniel Seabourne, Jamie Howlett & George Tubby in the Ken Gooch Bowl as they ran out 24-1 winners over John Moore, David Ashmore, Alastair Hunter and Dean Rudling of Gallow IBC.
Norfolk CIBA president David Aldous presented the awards.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney