Great Britain selection for Norfolk Snowsports Club ace Tom Hudson
- Credit: Submitted
Norfolk Snowsports Club member Tom Hudson has been selected to represent Great Britain.
The 14-year-old skiier has made an excellent start to the alpine season, which has led to national governing body British Ski and Snowboard inviting him to join the under-14 boys team to race for Great Britain at an international competition in Abetone, Italy in March.
Hudson practises at the dry slope at Trowse but lives near Bury St Edmunds and attends the nearby Culford School.
At the start of January, Hudson came first in the slalom for the Anglo Scottish Cup in Les Houches, near Chamonix in France. He was also ninth and 10th in the giant slalom races and fourth in both of the super G races, when competing against U14 Team GB skiers and many racers who train on snow, unlike Hudson, who relies on the artificial slope at Trowse.
He also competed in his first international race, as one of six U14s selected from the British Ski Academy to race against 90 U14s drawn from Italy, Sweden and France.
You may also want to watch:
Hudson acquitted himself well in the giant slalom, finishing mid-field amongst the other BSA boys. However, in the slalom he excelled, finishing 10th overall and ahead of all the other team GB skiers.
Culford School headmaster, Julian Johnson-Munday, said: 'We hope that Tom continues with his tremendous skiing success for the rest of the season. We are naturally very proud of his achievements.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?