Graphic: Norwich City braced for a season-defining evening at Upton Park
- Credit: Tom Smith/Focus Images Limited
Norwich City's success or failure at Upton Park this evening could have season-defining repercussions with several of the Canaries' relegation rivals also in action.
Three points in the east end could catapult Chris Hughton's men into the top half of the table, allaying fears the remaining 12 games of the season could be the kind of struggle many envisaged.
However, defeat at the Hammers, coupled with wins for Cardiff (at home to Villa), West Brom (at home to Chelsea – admittedly unlikely), and Hull (at home to Southampton) could see Norwich drop into the relegation zone and deeper into the mire.
Hughton has always just about managed to keep Norwich's head above water this season and his players have shown an ability to get results when they need them most.
He will be hoping for similar this evening and their cause has of course been helped by Andy Carroll's suspension after the FA upheld his three-match suspension for clashing with Swansea defender Chico Flores.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Nolan has shown that he is able to step into the void with four goals in his last two games but, after shackling Manchester City at the weekend, messrs Sebastien Bassong and Joseph Yobo, will be confident of another shut-out.
It promises to be an interesting evening and you can follow all the action here at www.pinkun.com/live
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 9 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 10 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles