Grant still looking to add new faces
Peter Grant is waiting on fellow managers before he can make his next move in the transfer market. The City manager has eight new faces - including on-loan Jimmy Smith - but says he is still short.
Peter Grant is waiting on fellow managers before he can make his next move in the transfer market.
The City manager has eight new faces - including on-loan Jimmy Smith - but says he is still short.
However, who comes in might well depend on who goes out somewhere else.
“I still think we're maybe one or two players short,” he said. “It is trying to get them in is the difficulty.
“A lot of clubs are keeping them within their squad and I understand that because with the transfer window now if they let too many people out they don't have any back-up in their own group.
“So I understand some parts of it, but it is frustrating as well because you see some of these guys that you know maybe won't get a game for maybe the first three four months of the season.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 6 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 7 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 8 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 9 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
“It is something e will keep an eye on and maybe those managers will bring other signings in and maybe that makes other people available. We have looked at a lot of players and we have our eye on a few and hopefully we can do something within the next couple of weeks. Probably not between now and Saturday.”