Grand Prix trio, including world champion Holder, on show as King’s Lynn Stars host Poole Pirates
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Speedway fans should be in for a thriller at King's Lynn's Norfolk Arena tonight when three Grand Prix stars take to the Saddlebow Road shale.
The Stars' Niels-Kristian Iversen and Poole Pirates' pair Darcy Ward and Chris Holder were part of Saturday's incredible GP in Poland.
And after last season's sensational meeting between the two Elite League clubs last June – which saw Lynn end Poole's 18-match unbeaten run – Stars' team boss Rob Lyon expects another cracking night's racing, in front of the Sky Sports cameras, come tapes up.
He said: 'I'm sure we'll be in for some thrilling races, especially when these guys are in town. We all know what Darcy and Chris are about.
'It's going to be a tough meeting and another exciting one for the fans. Hopefully we can come out on the right side of another one and pick up three league points.
You may also want to watch:
'It would be nice to go into two matches with Swindon next week with some more league points in the back.'
Lynn took a point away from the south coast after their 48-45 loss in the reverse fixture earlier this term. But they'll have to operate with the rider/replacement facility this evening with Simon Stead still recovering from a dislocated shoulder. Ex-Stars' rider Maciej Janowski, now at Poole, will also be in action.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Rider/Replacement, 3 Mads Korneliussen, 4 Nicolai Klindt, 5 Rory Schlein, 6 Seb Alden, 7 Richie Worrall
Poole: 1 Darcy Ward, 2 Dawid Stachyra, 3 Chris Holder, 4 Dennis Andersson, 5 Maciej Janowski, 6 Kyle Howarth, 7 Rohan Tungate
- Lynn lost their meeting at Lakeside last night. Click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page for a match report.