Graeme Le Saux presents Horsford YFC with award at Norfolk FA presentation evening
- Credit: Submitted
Members of Horsford Youth Football Club have been celebrating after winning the FA Charter Standard Club of the Year County FA Award.
Representatives of the village club, based just north of Norwich, were presented the award at the Norfolk FA Gala Awards Evening at Carrow Road by former Chelsea and England defender Graeme Le Saux.
Horsford YFC currently operate 14 teams for over 150 players between the ages of six and 16, through the hard work of a 30-strong team of volunteers.
The FA Charter Standard programme recognises and rewards high quality levels of provision in club and league football. The kitemark is awarded to clubs and leagues that are well run and sustainable, and which make child protection, quality coaching and safety of paramount importance.
Horsford YFC have met the strict criteria for the past seven years and had two previous chairmen of the club, Scott Ablett and Pete Laws, present at the award.
You may also want to watch:
Also attending were current chairman Steve Vincent, treasurer Craig Farr and general secretary Alex Pond, who said: 'This is a fantastic achievement for such a wonderful club who provide a welcoming and supportive atmosphere where children of all ages can get involved in the beautiful game in a safe environment.
'This award goes out to everyone involved with the club past and present and we are all be extremely proud of what has been achieved here. As a club we have the drive and ambition to continue to build our club forwards and to go the extra mile.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach