GP2: Griston’s Super Nova Racing shine at Spa
Griston's Super Nova Racing had arguably the best weekend of Norfolk's GP2 teams during the penultimate round in Belgium.
David Sears' team picked up a double-points finish from Saturday's 24-lap feature race with Fairuz Fauzy eighth and Adam Carroll ninth – their best performance of the season in the Formula One feeder series.
The pair were well out of contention in Sunday's sprint race, which saw Carleton Rode's Isport take fifth with Sam Bird.
By that time, Dams' Romain Grosjean had already secured the drivers' title with Barwa leading the teams' championship.
Hingham's Team Air Asia managed two 10th place finishes through Davide Valsecchi, but Luiz Razia left with two disappointing failures to finish.
Bird's Isport team-mate Marcus Ericsson finished down the order in both races, while Group Lotus-backed ART did at least claim second spot on the podium twice through Jules Bianchi – who sits third in the drivers' table with only two races in Italy remaining.
Bird is sixth in the standings, with Valsecchi seventh and Ericsson 10th. Attleborough's Rodolfo Gonzalez could not make his Trident car competitive at Spa and sits 26th in the championship.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 5 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 6 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 7 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 8 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 9 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 10 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
Lotus ART sit fourth in the teams' title standings, while Isport in fifth and Team Air Asia in sixth are separated by 13 points in the battle to be named Norfolk's top GP2 team. Super Nova are 10th.