Gorleston’s title dream suffers big setback as they lose to leaders
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Gorleston's Thurlow Nunn Premier Division title dream suffered a huge setback in Suffolk last night.
The Greens conceded two second half goals to go down 2-0 at leaders Mildenhall Town and fell 11 points behind their rivals as a result, albeit with three games in hand.
It means the destination of the silverware is now out of their hands, with second placed Felixstowe and Walton also having some breathing space five points ahead of them, having played just one more match.
Everything went pretty much to plan for the visitors in a scoreless first half as they gave as good as they got.
But Mildenhall turned the screw after the break and Steve Spriggs fired them in front before Dan Brown doubled their advantage late on.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston must now group for their next match at home to Long Melford on Saturday.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region