Gorleston’s Charlie King misses out on Knockhill’s British Superbike weekend as Josh Elliott looks to build on Morello Racing’s Snetterton victory
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's British Superbike series contingent makes the trek north to Knockhill circuit this weekend – minus one member.
Gorleston's Charlie King has lost his ride with ACR Kawasaki for the Scottish round of the Superstock 600s, and possibly the season, after a tricky 2015.
'Sad to be missing Knockhill this weekend and what potentially looks like the rest of the year, gutted doesn't cover it!' tweeted the teenager on Tuesday as the news broke.
Marham's RAF Reserves will hope to shake off their Snetterton jinx as Peter Hickman looks for a return to form in the Superbikes. Bowthorpe-based Morello Racing will be looking for similar from Danny Johnson and especially Lee Costello, after his encouraging Snetterton debut.
One man who does want a repeat of his Snetterton efforts is Morello's Josh Elliott, the current Superstock 1000 leader and victor in the last round. Team-mate John Ingram will also want to build on his solid home result.
You may also want to watch:
King's Lynn's Freddy Pett runs in the Supersports, while Norwich's Jack Keen will carry the Superstock 600 mantle.
Long Stratton's Ben Bygrave will have Stuart Clark deputising for the injured Justin Sharp following their Snetterton spill, while Attleborough's Ben Hughes with rider Martin Kirk also run.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover