Gorleston beat Dereham to move up to third
Gorleston moved above Dereham in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division table after beating the 10-man Magpies 2-0 at Aldiss Park last night.
Dereham had striker Shaun Bammant sent off after 35 minutes and the visitors took full advantage, Zak Clarke putting them ahead on 50 minutes. Christy Finch doubled the lead seven minutes later to lift the Greens up to third.
Kirkley & Pakefield ended a four-match winless run in the league by beating Norwich United 1-0 at Plantation Park.
Dom Smith headed the only goal of the game in the 55th minute, and although Jon Lovelock hit the post for the Planters, the visitors held on to their lead.
There was a late kick-off at Thetford following problems with the floodlights – and it was another dark day for the hosts as they lost for the seventh time in the last eight league games, going down 2-1 to second-placed Walsham-le-Willows.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead on 11 minutes, before Andrew Cusack hit the post for Thetford with a free-kick.
Thetford equalised on 58 minutes when John Curtis converted Aaron Joseph's cross. But Walsham soon restored their lead, as three minutes later Ollie Hughes scored the winner. The result moves Walsham above Mildenhall into top spot, on goals scored.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
Wisbech's match at Ely was postponed and elsewhere there were wins for Felixstowe and CRC.