Gorleston beat Dereham to move up to third
Gorleston moved above Dereham in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division table after beating the 10-man Magpies 2-0 at Aldiss Park last night.
Dereham had striker Shaun Bammant sent off after 35 minutes and the visitors took full advantage, Zak Clarke putting them ahead on 50 minutes. Christy Finch doubled the lead seven minutes later to lift the Greens up to third.
Kirkley & Pakefield ended a four-match winless run in the league by beating Norwich United 1-0 at Plantation Park.
Dom Smith headed the only goal of the game in the 55th minute, and although Jon Lovelock hit the post for the Planters, the visitors held on to their lead.
There was a late kick-off at Thetford following problems with the floodlights – and it was another dark day for the hosts as they lost for the seventh time in the last eight league games, going down 2-1 to second-placed Walsham-le-Willows.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors took the lead on 11 minutes, before Andrew Cusack hit the post for Thetford with a free-kick.
Thetford equalised on 58 minutes when John Curtis converted Aaron Joseph's cross. But Walsham soon restored their lead, as three minutes later Ollie Hughes scored the winner. The result moves Walsham above Mildenhall into top spot, on goals scored.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 6 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars
Wisbech's match at Ely was postponed and elsewhere there were wins for Felixstowe and CRC.