Gorleston 2 Fakenham Town 0: Greens ease to victory thanks to Nathan Russell double
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston continued their perfect start to 2018 as they ran out 2-0 winners at home to Fakenham Town in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Tuesday night.
After seeing off FC Clacton at the weekend in a 2-0 win, Stewart Larter's men continued their promising start to the year with another 2-0 success over the Ghosts.
Nathan Russell opened the scoring early in the second half with a scrappy strike and the Greens striker wrapped up the three points for the home side late on.
It was nothing less than Gorleston deserved as they dominated much of the second half and closes the gap on the top half of the table in the Premier Division.
Fakenham remain third from bottom of the table and have now picked up just one win in their last eight matches.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Andy Cunningham who took the reins last month will be hoping to see his side bounce back at the weekend when they entertain Brantham Athletic at Clipbush Park.
- 1 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 5 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 10 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter