Gorleston 2 Fakenham Town 0: Greens ease to victory thanks to Nathan Russell double
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston continued their perfect start to 2018 as they ran out 2-0 winners at home to Fakenham Town in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division on Tuesday night.
After seeing off FC Clacton at the weekend in a 2-0 win, Stewart Larter's men continued their promising start to the year with another 2-0 success over the Ghosts.
Nathan Russell opened the scoring early in the second half with a scrappy strike and the Greens striker wrapped up the three points for the home side late on.
It was nothing less than Gorleston deserved as they dominated much of the second half and closes the gap on the top half of the table in the Premier Division.
Fakenham remain third from bottom of the table and have now picked up just one win in their last eight matches.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Andy Cunningham who took the reins last month will be hoping to see his side bounce back at the weekend when they entertain Brantham Athletic at Clipbush Park.
- 1 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 6 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 9 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 10 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk