Gloria Ann thrilled as ViVianne is earmarked as foal for future
- Credit: Archant
Norwich horse breeder Gloria Ann Smith had a successful outing at the British Equestrian Federation Futurity Evaluations held at Writtle College last week with her filly foal, ViVianne.
The BEF Futurity Evaluation series aims to identify British bred young potential sport horses and ponies destined for careers in dressage, eventing, show-jumping or endurance, and may even find Olympic champions of the future.
With a score of 8.89, ViVianne received a Higher First premium, the second highest premium of the day for a foal. A Higher First premium indicates that the horse has the potential and outlook to perform at national level.
Gloria bred ViVianne from her Oldenburg mare, Coady Bay Vanilla. This is the third foal the mare has had in the five years Gloria has owned her, having bought her from her breeder, Lois Allard. ViVianne is by the Westfalien stallion, Farewell III, she has a half brother, Stallone who received an Elite premium at the Futurity in 2011. Gloria who plans to sell Vivianne, added: 'I am a hobby breeder and it gives me great pleasure to breed the foals, sell them to good dressage homes and then watch them out competing with their new owners.'
'I am thrilled with how ViVianne got on at the Futurity, Coady Bay Vanilla and ViVianne nearly died during foaling and had to spend nearly a week at Rossdales vets in Newmarket to recover,'said Gloria.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer