Glock’s perfect response to critics
Ivor McCullough was a lucky victor of the VdeV sportscar race at Snetterton on Saturday as he dragged his winning Ligier home with a flat tyre.
Ivor McCullough was a lucky victor of the VdeV sportscar race at Snetterton on Saturday as he dragged his winning Ligier home with a flat tyre, writes Lewis Beales.
Racing down the back straight for the final time, to a seemingly untroubled win, a rear tyre blew out, leaving him to nurse the car home on just three good tyres.
McCullough had inherited the lead from Bryce Wilson when the locally-based driver had to pull off with a similar tyre problem, which would nearly knock McCullough out.
The Classic Sports car race easily fell to the father and son pair of Michael and Mike Wilkinson in their Jaguar E Type.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Earl had to pull off a remarkable overtaking manoeuvre on Tony Palmer to take second place in his E Type while Norwich's Roger Quantrill finished in 22nd place.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
V de V UK: 1 Ivor McCullough (Ligier JS49); 2 Tony Freeman/Duncan Williams (Juno SSE); 3 Edward Lovett (Norma M20).
Classics Sports Car Race: 1 Mike Wilkinson/Michael Wilkinson (Jaguar E Type); 2 Andy Earl (Jaguar E Type); 3 Mark Livens/Robert Dyball (Honda Civic Type R).