Glock’s perfect response to critics
Ivor McCullough was a lucky victor of the VdeV sportscar race at Snetterton on Saturday as he dragged his winning Ligier home with a flat tyre.
Ivor McCullough was a lucky victor of the VdeV sportscar race at Snetterton on Saturday as he dragged his winning Ligier home with a flat tyre, writes Lewis Beales.
Racing down the back straight for the final time, to a seemingly untroubled win, a rear tyre blew out, leaving him to nurse the car home on just three good tyres.
McCullough had inherited the lead from Bryce Wilson when the locally-based driver had to pull off with a similar tyre problem, which would nearly knock McCullough out.
The Classic Sports car race easily fell to the father and son pair of Michael and Mike Wilkinson in their Jaguar E Type.
Andy Earl had to pull off a remarkable overtaking manoeuvre on Tony Palmer to take second place in his E Type while Norwich's Roger Quantrill finished in 22nd place.
- 1 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 2 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 3 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 4 City pub to reopen with new owners hoping to bring back 'good old days'
- 5 Rare sighting of Northern Lights captured above Norfolk
- 6 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 7 Norfolk attraction to hold its largest ever fireworks display
- 8 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 9 Woman filmed being raped while she was unconscious, court told
- 10 High Court threat to A47 dualling plan
V de V UK: 1 Ivor McCullough (Ligier JS49); 2 Tony Freeman/Duncan Williams (Juno SSE); 3 Edward Lovett (Norma M20).
Classics Sports Car Race: 1 Mike Wilkinson/Michael Wilkinson (Jaguar E Type); 2 Andy Earl (Jaguar E Type); 3 Mark Livens/Robert Dyball (Honda Civic Type R).