Girls given expert help
A group of Norfolk's leading girl golfers have been honing their short-game skills - thanks to the support of the ladies of Royal West Norfolk. The girls spent a day at the National Golf Centre at Woodhall Spa, working with professional Alison Johns on the renowned short game facilities.
A group of Norfolk's leading girl golfers have been honing their short-game skills - thanks to the support of the ladies of Royal West Norfolk.
The girls spent a day at the National Golf Centre at Woodhall Spa, working with professional Alison Johns on the renowned short game facilities. The trip was funded by the Brancaster ladies, who are generous supporters of the girls' training programme.
Norfolk junior organiser Sue Heeles commented: 'The day was just such a huge success and we have to say a very big thank you to the ladies of Royal West Norfolk. Alison Johns gelled really well with the girls and some of the shots the girls were taught were amazing.
'To have the opportunity to spend a day at this venue can only benefit the girls long term and I am sure they have all gone away with a new skill to try and others to improve on. Alison was very impressed with the girls' ability.'
The girls were: Juliet Fenton (King's Lynn), Alex Hacking (Sprowston Manor), Jennifer Hide (Royal Norwich), Ellie Judd (Eaton), Gabriella Masding (Royal Norwich), Ruby Plume (Sprowston Manor), Jessica Rutherford (Gt Yarnouth and Caister) and Maisie Turner (Hunstanton). A group from the county ladies' squad - funded by the county - also received coaching from another professional. They were Edwina Gold (Eaton), Wendy Hancock (Sprowston Manor), Sam Martin (Royal Norwich), Tiffany Mills (Ryston Park) and Karen Young (Eaton).
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 3 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 4 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 5 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 6 Woman who broke both legs in multiple places after fainting thanks NHS
- 7 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 8 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 9 Platform offering stunning views of north Norfolk coast reopens
- 10 Police officer sacked for dishonesty gets job back after appeal