Gillinham Ladies 13 Norwich City Ladies 0: Canaries count the cost of injuries and unavailabilities at leaders
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies went down to a 13-0 defeat at South East Division One champions Gillingham on Sunday.
The Canaries could only start with nine players thanks to injuries and unavailability and battled gamely against the Gills, who have been a cut above the rest of the division this season.
Two more injuries during the game reduced City to seven players but they didn't let their heads drop despite Gillingham racking up the goals. Charlotte Gurr (four), Felicity Gibbons (four), Jenny Newman (two), April Bowers and Beth Nugent did the damage for the home side, who also benefitted from an own goal.
City, who have won just once in the league this season, will be hoping to bounce back from the drubbing when they take on Ipswich Town Ladies this evening at Felixstowe. The two sides fought out a 1-1 draw at Plantation Park in March with Kyla Love getting the goal for the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich