Gillinham Ladies 13 Norwich City Ladies 0: Canaries count the cost of injuries and unavailabilities at leaders
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City Ladies went down to a 13-0 defeat at South East Division One champions Gillingham on Sunday.
The Canaries could only start with nine players thanks to injuries and unavailability and battled gamely against the Gills, who have been a cut above the rest of the division this season.
Two more injuries during the game reduced City to seven players but they didn't let their heads drop despite Gillingham racking up the goals. Charlotte Gurr (four), Felicity Gibbons (four), Jenny Newman (two), April Bowers and Beth Nugent did the damage for the home side, who also benefitted from an own goal.
City, who have won just once in the league this season, will be hoping to bounce back from the drubbing when they take on Ipswich Town Ladies this evening at Felixstowe. The two sides fought out a 1-1 draw at Plantation Park in March with Kyla Love getting the goal for the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school