Two most recent winners of Gillieson Cup to meet in quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Holders Swaffham are through to the last eight of the NLCGA's flagship Gillieson Cup competition.
They faced a tough trip to Great Yarmouth and Caister in the second round but playing away didn't faze them as they recorded a 2-1 win.
The victory set up a mouth-watering trip to Royal Cromer, the 2016 winners, in the quarter-finals on Sunday, August 5.
The Royal Cromer ladies beat Marriott Sprowston Manor at home 2-1 to reach the last eight.
Bawburgh, who lost to Swaffham at the 20th hole in last season's final, had a disappointing day as they lost 3-0 at home to Barnham Broom.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Hunstanton (H) beat Thetford 2-1, Wensum Valley (H) beat Royal West Norfolk 3-0, Dunston Hall (H) beat Mundesley 2-1, Dereham (H) beat Eaton 2-1, Barnham Broom (A) beat Bawburgh 3-0, Royal Norwich (H) beat Costessey Park 3-0, Royal Cromer (H) beat Marriott Sprowston Manor 2-1, Swaffham (A) beat Great Yarmouth and Caister 2/1.
Full draw for quarter-finals: Hunstanton v Wensum Valley, Dunston Hall v Dereham, Barnham Broom v Royal Norwich, Royal Cromer v Swaffham.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
Meanwhile Ann Lockhart's Lady Captain's Day at Eaton Golf Club was a big success, with a good sized field enjoying the perfect weather.
The winners were Sue Hosking, Julie Pointer and Sherrell Chuter with a magnificent total of 93 stableford points.
Second were Doreen Benton, Julie Thompson and Louise Ambridge with 90 points and third were Clair Howell, Sonia Brooks-Morgan and Deidre Cave with 89 points on countback from Celia Pheysey, Diana Lorence and Christine Wright and Sue Wybar, Mireen Jones and Jill Cannell.
The winners of the best front nine were Kay Reynolds, Angie Lee and Chris Fox with 47 points while the back nine winners were Sarah Absalom, Monica Dorrington and Jill Bullimore with 43 points. The nearest the pins and line were Sherrell Chuter, Angie Lea, Liz Kilshaw and Jan Knowler.
There was another Lady Captain's Day at Swaffham hosted by Amanda Bloomfield.
Results: Division One: Ann Ewer 48pts, Marian Steward 43pts, Jan Trollope 43pts: Division Two: Ann Howarth 48pts, Sheila Hardingham 47pts, Sheila Hussey 42pts.