Two most recent winners of Gillieson Cup to meet in quarter-finals
- Credit: Archant
Holders Swaffham are through to the last eight of the NLCGA's flagship Gillieson Cup competition.
They faced a tough trip to Great Yarmouth and Caister in the second round but playing away didn't faze them as they recorded a 2-1 win.
The victory set up a mouth-watering trip to Royal Cromer, the 2016 winners, in the quarter-finals on Sunday, August 5.
The Royal Cromer ladies beat Marriott Sprowston Manor at home 2-1 to reach the last eight.
Bawburgh, who lost to Swaffham at the 20th hole in last season's final, had a disappointing day as they lost 3-0 at home to Barnham Broom.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: Hunstanton (H) beat Thetford 2-1, Wensum Valley (H) beat Royal West Norfolk 3-0, Dunston Hall (H) beat Mundesley 2-1, Dereham (H) beat Eaton 2-1, Barnham Broom (A) beat Bawburgh 3-0, Royal Norwich (H) beat Costessey Park 3-0, Royal Cromer (H) beat Marriott Sprowston Manor 2-1, Swaffham (A) beat Great Yarmouth and Caister 2/1.
Full draw for quarter-finals: Hunstanton v Wensum Valley, Dunston Hall v Dereham, Barnham Broom v Royal Norwich, Royal Cromer v Swaffham.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
Meanwhile Ann Lockhart's Lady Captain's Day at Eaton Golf Club was a big success, with a good sized field enjoying the perfect weather.
The winners were Sue Hosking, Julie Pointer and Sherrell Chuter with a magnificent total of 93 stableford points.
Second were Doreen Benton, Julie Thompson and Louise Ambridge with 90 points and third were Clair Howell, Sonia Brooks-Morgan and Deidre Cave with 89 points on countback from Celia Pheysey, Diana Lorence and Christine Wright and Sue Wybar, Mireen Jones and Jill Cannell.
The winners of the best front nine were Kay Reynolds, Angie Lee and Chris Fox with 47 points while the back nine winners were Sarah Absalom, Monica Dorrington and Jill Bullimore with 43 points. The nearest the pins and line were Sherrell Chuter, Angie Lea, Liz Kilshaw and Jan Knowler.
There was another Lady Captain's Day at Swaffham hosted by Amanda Bloomfield.
Results: Division One: Ann Ewer 48pts, Marian Steward 43pts, Jan Trollope 43pts: Division Two: Ann Howarth 48pts, Sheila Hardingham 47pts, Sheila Hussey 42pts.