Ghosts facing tough trip
Fakenham Town, safely through to the fourth round of the Norfolk Senior Cup, on Saturday turn their attentions back to climbing the Ridgeons first division in a tough trip to early promotion contenders Diss.
In the third round of the Senior Cup, Fakenham won 2-1 at Anglian Combination Premier Division Sheringham.
The Ghosts took the lead after a ball from Steven Harvey found Jason Cole, who lobbed the keeper from around 30 yards.
The Shannocks hit back through a Sam Mallett penalty after Jake Betts brought down a Sheringham forward, but it was not long before Fakenham regained the lead through a Ben Coe penalty after Lee Hyde was brought down in the box.
Sheringham threw everything at Fakenham, seven-times winners of the competition, in the second half, however the Ghosts' back four held out for a place in the fourth round.
You may also want to watch:
Fakenham manager Wayne Anderson said: 'It was a competitive match, however we got the ball wide and used our pace to our advantage. We had a few players missing, but several players have come in and did well.'
n Fakenham Town Ladies face Arlesey Town Ladies in the FA Cup second sound qualifying at Clipbush Park on Sunday.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 5 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 10 Car catches fire after early morning crash
Arlesey Town travel down currently sitting in seventh position in the ERWFL Premier Division with Fakenham third in the division below. This will be a tough test for the ladies taking on higher opposition.
If Fakenham can show the same determination they showed in their last match, then a cup upset could be on the cards.
The ladies are looking for support. Kick-off 2pm, admission �2, concessions �1.