Ghosts enjoy some early Halloween celebrations after a rare victory
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Town put their recent troubles behind them with only their second win of the season.
The Ghosts' footballing activities have taken a back seat to off-the-field issues in recent weeks, but the team, playing for the first time since the new 'senior football admin' appointments of Simon Barnes, Doug Colman and Nolan Keeley, ended an eight-game winless run by beating Hadleigh United 2-1.
The visitors were ahead at half-time, but Kyle Plumb levelled from the penalty spot after 65 minutes before Ricky Claxton notched the winner.
Fakenham remain bottom of the table, but with games in hand on their nearest rivals will be hoping the change in fortunes continues.
There was also a welcome win for Kirkley & Pakefield, who were 2-1 winners at Haverhill Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham were among the goals, thumping Haverhill Borough 7-2 at Trafford Park.
Having conceded four goals against Wroxham a week earlier, Borough will be pleased to have got their league meetings out of the way against the Norfolk side.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
The Yachtsmen were 4-0 up at half-time, three of the goals coming in a three-minute spell. The breakthrough came after eight minutes when Sam Pledger scored, with Connor Deeks adding a second, quickly followed by Pledger's second. A minute later it was four, with Deeks getting another.
Ben Fowkes got in on the act after the break, with sub Shaun Taylor scoring Wroxham's sixth of the afternoon.
Haverhill pulled two goals back, but Deeks rounded off the scoring when he completed his hat-trick in the final moments of the game.
It was a different story for Great Yarmouth Town, who had to settle for a 0-0 draw at FC Clacton.
In the FA Vase, Norwich CBS are in the next round after Matthew Doyle's goal was enough to earn a 1-0 win over visiting Oxhey Jets.
Thetford Town face a replay at Debenham LC tomorrow after a 1-1 draw, Tanner Call getting the Brecklanders goal.
Wisbech St Mary were 2-1 home winners over Whitton United.
In the First Division, high-flying King's Lynn Town Reserves thumped Leiston 8-1 at The Walks with goals from Toby Hilliard (2), Toby Allen (2), Eoin McQuaid, Jack Frohawk, Nathan Daw and Ryan Lennon.