Ghosts aim high
Fakenham Town should be pushing for promotion to the Ridgeons League Premier Division, club chairman Geoff Saunders told Monday night's annual meeting at Clipbush Park.
'My first season as chairman has not been without problems,' he admitted. 'But I do think the club is going forward. I and Dean Betts (the vice-chairman) are setting targets which we feel can be reached, as long as everyone sings from the same hymn sheet.
'We feel strongly we should be pushing for promotion from Ridgeons Division One. This is probably the most ideal opportunity as the league is moving towards 20 teams in each division, although next season there will be 17 in Division One. With two or three more quality players, a top-five position is what we should be going for.'
The club again has an A team, the Great Ryburgh side which plays in the Crown Fire League Division One having joined the Ghosts' set-up, writes John Cushion.
Saunders admitted that one problem was that no-one had yet been found to run Fakenham Reserves who play in Anglian Combination Divison Four. Anyone interested should ring first team manager Wayne Anderson on 07825 215631.
You may also want to watch:
Officers elected included president, Bill Clayton; chairman, Geoff Saunders; vice-chairman, Dean Betts; treasurers, Nigel Allen and Bill Clayton; secretary, Andrew Mitchell; facilities co-ordinator, Geoff Saunders; youth secretary, Patsy Bridges; welfare officer, Tracey Burton; youth co-ordinator, Steve Pope.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested