King’s Lynn Stars make German rider an asset
- Credit: Archant
German racer Erik Riss has pledged his future to King's Lynn after signing a full contract with the club.
Stars bosses have bought him from Championship Edinburgh after he made a big impression in Norfolk when he joined the club mid-way through last season.
It's a move which underlines King's Lynn's determination to remain one of the top clubs in the Premiership after finishing last season as league leaders.
Boss Dale Allitt said: 'We're thrilled that Erik is joining us as a full King's Lynn asset and I firmly believe it is a massive bonus for the club.
'Erik is a rider I've watched for quite a while now and I was delighted to finally be able to bring him into the team part-way through last season.
You may also want to watch:
'I've always admired the way he rides; he's very determined, he's got an all-action style and I always thought he'd love the wide open spaces of the Adrian Flux Arena.
'So that proved during his time with us in 2018 as well as his average was far, far greater than his rolling average and he's a rider that I'm sure will improve on that dramatically.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
'Erik has so much more in his locker and I believe that he can evolve into one of the best riders in the Premiership.'
Riss said: 'I'm pleased to become a King's Lynn asset, I enjoyed my time there last season and I'm really looking forward to the new season.
'I had a great time with Edinburgh and I'd like to thank everybody there for making me so welcome at the club and I wish them all the best for the future.
'Now I'm concentrating on King's Lynn and I want to see the team up there in the play-offs again.'
Lynn have confirmed their pre-season press and practice at the Adrian Flux Arena will take place next Thursday – March 28 – with the general public admitted from 4pm.
There will also be a meet the riders event in the function room at the stadium from 7.30pm with admission by donation to the Speedway Riders' Benevolent Fund.
And the eagerly-awaited opening meeting of the season sees the Poultec Stars go up against champions Poole in the Premiership Shield first Leg on Monday, April 8 (7.30pm).