Gavin's proud moment
Blackdyke Trout Fishery (07876 555960): Last week saw a proliferation of hatches of daddies and mayflies. The fish were preoccupied with feeding on naturals, including beetles, daddy's and mayfly's.
Blackdyke Trout Fishery (07876 555960): Last week saw a proliferation of hatches of daddies and mayflies.
The fish were preoccupied with feeding on naturals, including beetles, daddy's and mayfly's. Spooning fish can give you a real insight into the fishes' diet and can be a pointer to which fly to use.
Gavin Cairns had a nice personal best this week, a beautiful rainbow of 6lb 6ozs which was entered into the Trout Masters competition and safely returned to the lake. Caravans and tents are most welcome. Tuition is available (ring 07876 555960). For more information contact Paul Speed.
A reminder of a rule change - you can now fish a team of three flies.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort