Gary Setchell wants FA Trophy win to ‘open the floodgates’ at King’s Lynn Town
Gary Setchell is hoping a five-star FA Trophy showing can help King's Lynn Town release their attacking shackles.
The Linnets boss has become increasingly frustrated in recent weeks at his side's inability to convert the countless chances they have created. But it was a different story last night as Setchell saw his men finally cut loose to thump Belper Town in an FA Trophy first qualifying round replay.
Lee Smith, Michael Clunan, Liam Hurst and Toby Hilliard, twice, hit the net in a 5-1 home win and Setchell is hoping that welcome glut of goals can inspire more ruthless displays in the future.
Lynn's boss said: 'It'll certainly increase Toby's confidence and Smithy's after he scored his first goal for the club, so he'll be happy.
'Hursty pops up with one now and then, normally in that goal down that end (Hospital End). The goals will come. You'd still like someone to pop in 20, 25 but everyone is ganging up with four or five (goals) now.
You may also want to watch:
'The floodgates will open at some point and let's hope it's sooner rather than later.'
Lynn had drawn 1-1 against the Nailers on Saturday, thanks to Ryan Fryatt's strike, before seeing them off in last night's return at The Walks to pocket £2,700 prize money. Setchell's Southern League Premier Division side will visit same-level Northern League top-flight high-fliers Nantwich Town in the next round on Saturday, November 14.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train