Gary Setchell slams ‘shocking’ weekend display ahead of King’s Lynn Town’s trip to Barwell
- Credit: IAN BURT
King's Lynn Town travel to Barwell this afternoon with the stinging criticism of Gary Setchell still ringing in their ears.
The Linnets fought back from 2-0 down against Stocksbridge Park Steels at home on Saturday to lead through a 95th-minute Sam Mulready strike. However, more sloppy defending allowed the visitors to equalise minutes later to round off a bizarre afternoon – much to the anger of Lynn's boss.
He said: 'It was shocking. I don't think we've defended as poorly for the three years I've been here. And it's unexplainable.
'We didn't deserve to win the game, we probably didn't even deserve to get a point in all fairness the way we defended. You're not going to get away with defending like that. And I'm not just talking about the back four, I'm talking about the whole team as a unit.
'You couldn't believe it was the same team who was out there on Tuesday night (won 6-0 against Rushall). We got the goals (to go in front) and then I've got nine players in the box, two of them attacked the ball, the other seven ball-watched, and their lad tapped it from a yard out. It's criminal.'
You may also want to watch:
Back-to-back promoted Lynn have now tasted a win, draw and defeat in their opening matches of the Evo-Stik Premier Division Season. They head to Leicestershire today to face a team who have won two of their first three fixtures, including a 2-1 weekend triumph at Witton Albion.
- Click on the related link on the right-hand side of this page for the report, and a picture gallery, from Saturday's game.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 4 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 5 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 6 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 7 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 8 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon