Gary Setchell looks to get shot-shy King’s Lynn Town firing at Histon
- Credit: Lindsey Parnaby/Focus Images Ltd
King's Lynn Town boss Gary Setchell insists his shot-shy Linnets will 'catch fire' ahead of their Southern Premier League clash at Histon tonight.
Lynn were guilty of missing a hatful of chances at the weekend as they went down to a 1-0 defeat against table-toppers, Leamington.
Setchell was left fuming at his side's inability to turn performances into points once again, but is hopeful his side can start taking some of the chances they're creating.
'The lads are putting a lot of effort into this and this team will catch fire eventually,' said Setchell. 'But if you don't put the ball in the back of the net then you don't win football matches. It beggars belief the chances that we're missing.
'We're creating plenty of chances – it's very annoying that we're not taking them. Pedro (Alex Street) took a lot of stick last week (for his mistake against Barwell) but we've got to be equally disappointed with the lads that missed the chances.'
You may also want to watch:
• Dereham Town will try to bounce back from their 2-0 defeat at Harlow Town when they go to Witham tonight, kick-off 7.45pm.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 6 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 7 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk